Housing Health and Safety Services for Letting Agents
Let me help you reduce the time wasted dealing with tenants complaining about disrepair and safety issues, while minimising expenditure and potential liabilities for you and your landlords. I can help target investment on repairs and upgrading works to help minimise management and renovation costs. I can also help you resolve common problems relating to a variety of deficiencies, such as condensation, damp and mould, and the false activation of fire alarms leading to their vandalism.
I can also provide confidential advice about all aspects of the regulation of Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO’s), HMO Licencing and the HMO Management Regulations, helping you to put in place systems that ensure you and your staff meet legal responsibilities.
I can undertake :
- Pre-contract housing standards inspections to ensure you don’t take on a property which is fundamentally unsafe. Identifying defects and hazards for the landlord to rectify before you sign them up.
- Inspect HMO’s for compliance with Fire Safety, HMO Licensing and the HMO Management Regulations (for which you as the Agent may be responsible).
- Fire Safety Risk Assessments for HMO’s that are fully manged by you and require a Licence (for which you as the Agent may be responsible if the landlord is absent).
- Surveys and draw up schedules of work for your contractors to price from, for cost effective targeted works of repair and improvement.
- Review HMO development plans for Fire Safety, the relevant Council’s Amenity Guide and Overcrowding. These are unfortunately areas not all Architects, Building Control Surveyors and Planning Consultants are very familiar with.
- Provide advice on proposed or pending Local Authority enforcement action faced by Letting Agents and/or their client Landlords.